During the international break, Gaya was involved in a heavy collision in the game against Switzerland. This caused him to get substituted early with a head injury. Despite looking serious from the pictures, the player recovered and played a few days later in Spain's dominant 6-0 win over Germany, assisting 2 goals in the process. His team topped their group in the Nations League.
Elsewhere, Cheryshev managed to score one goal for Russia but his team suffered two defeats, a close on against Turkey and a heavy one against Serbia,
Back in Valencia, there were developments as well. Joey Lim was recently announced to join the board of directors, adding yet another voice of Peter Lim in the board room.
Also, a new clause has been proposed about the requirements to attend a shareholder meeting. Previously, only 9 shares were enough to grant access to the meeting. This could change on December 11, where the number could see a jump to 3,598 shares. People with shares less than that must aggregate together to reach the number and delegate a representative among them to attend on behalf of the group.
In addition, Valencia presented some numbers with regards to the financials of the the past season and this one. The highlights are as follows:
- Valencia recorded a loss of around 8 million euros in the 2019-20 season despite 60.8 million euros gained from reaching the Round of 16.
- For the 2020-21 season, the budget will see a drop from 172 million euros (2019-20 season) to around 119 million euros
- For the 2020-21 season, the income from TV rights will increase from 74 million euros to 89 million euros.
- For the 2020-21 season, the amount of money spent on the workforce will drop from 97 million euros to around 70 million euros.
- For the 2020-21 season, the expected deficit is 26.4 million euros
- As a result, there is expectation that 41 million euros of income needs to be generated through sales, of which Kondogbia's sale will go towards.
Diakhaby, Mangala and Maxi Gomez are all still out with injuries.